Monday, 30 July 2012

Please spread the word!

Hello, fellow Simmers, today I am posting to spread the word of a stray dog that I saw yesterday night at Zhongxiao Dunhua (Taiwan). I don't know how many of you live in Taiwan but judging from my traffic sources, there's at least 10 of you guys. 
It is a black dog and is a mix; I'm not an expert but I would say it's an airedale/poodle kind of mix because of its curly fur and terrier looks. It's a puppy, I think, because it's fairly small and very energetic, friendly and people-loving, which all lead me to think it's more an abandoned or lost dog. 
I am unable to adopt it because I'm going back to Canada soon and my family here is not a fan of dogs; I can't take it back with me because I have a dog in Canada that doesn't play well with other dogs. I don't have the funds, means, or capability of taking care of another dog.
It's sad that Taiwan is so uncaring of its animals, especially stray dogs and cats, and I would love to raise awareness if I could, but I don't have the means, and no one would listen to someone who's not even a true citizen. If you see the dog I am describing, or any other type of stray in Taiwan, please try and take it to the shelter. 
I was unable to take the Zhongxiao Dunhua dog to the shelter because it wouldn't go near me for some reason, and I didn't want to chase it down because I was worried it would run out onto the streets and get hit by a car. 
I was going to look for it today but taking it to a shelter in Taiwan would only mean it might get euthanized considering Taiwan has very few no-kill shelters (the only one I know of is literally two cities away; much too far for me to go with a dog that's not even mine) and dogs at shelters only have 12 days. 
Please spread the word of not only this dog, but of the plight of all stray animals in Taiwan. I know we Taiwanese like to think we're more civilized than the Chinese, but really when it comes down to it, we're not all that different in how we treat the animal population. 

No comments:

Post a Comment